If you create content and have an audience.
You should get them off social media. Why?
Social media is a rented place.
Social platforms are landlords and we lease the space.
- You can get banned
- An algorithm can change
- Your data can be sold or shared
Many things can go wrong when relying on social media.
For that reason, I launched my own website for Solopreneurs.
The place where I own all my subscribers, content, and resources.
There are dozens of no-code tools that allow you to create a website with a simple drag&drop function.
I’ve chosen WordPress as I’ve been working with the tool for 10 years.
Brief technical details about my website setup.
- Ramnode Hosting (smaller companies are underrated)
- Namecheap domain (it’s one of the cheapest options now)
- GeneratePress (fastest WordPress template)
- Cloudflare setup (for lightning-fast website speed)
- Customized email (better security and functionality)
If I would start again with zero skills. I would start with the basics.
- Register the domain on Namecheap
- Build a-one page website on Carrd.co
- Add the following sections
a. What’s your website about
b. A short story about you
c. How you can help
d. Info to your newsletter
e. CTA (call to action)
To conclude, having your own website is essential for a solopreneur.
To have a strong online presence and control over your content and subscribers.
Build your technical skills and move to a more advanced platform.
That’s it for now!